- Have you ever broken a bone? What happened?
- Have you ever gotten stitches?
- Have you ever had food poisoning?
- Have you ever spent the night in a hospital?
- Have you ever had a hangover?
- Have you ever gotten sick in a foreign country?
- Have you ever had a bad sunburn?
For homework please answer one, two (or more) of the following questions online:
We practiced using this English to express doubt:
• I doubt that we will have extra homework next week.
• I'm skeptical about having extra homework next week.
• There's no way that we will have extra homework next week.
For homework, please answer this question online. Your answer should be at least 100 words long. Don't forget to comment on at least two of your classmates' posts:
What is something you are skeptical about?
Next week we will have a quiz at the beginning of class. The contents of the quiz will be from the handouts we have used in class the past two weeks. And please download the text below for our next lesson.
This week we started learning some new adjectives that will help us describe people's personality. For example:
arrogant, optimistic, reliable, stubborn
We also practiced using intensifiers. For example:
a little, kind of, fairly, extremely
For homework, I want you to learn 10 adjectives from this week's handout, and type sentences for each one. Try to use an intensifier in each sentence. For example:
1. I think Justin Beiber is extremely arrogant. He thinks he's the most important person in the world.
2. I think my boss is a little stubborn because she never allows me to change my working days.
Add your sentences to this website by clicking the COMMENT link. And print these handouts for next lesson!
For homework, please answer one or two of the following questions: